Black Belt Nia master teacher
Nia Moving to Heal master teacher
Nia 5 Stages of Self-Healing teacher
No prior Nia experience needed. Each class is new!
Email me at email@example.com and I will send you the Zoom link.
You’ll find Zoom instructions at the bottom of this page.
*Thanks to a generous grant from the Charlottesville Women’s Four Miler,
these classes are FREE for people with cancer, cancer survivors,
caregivers, and UVA Cancer Center staff.
~Bernie Siegel, MD
Author of Love, Medicine & Miracles
4 Support Services You Need for Holistic Care
By Holly Cooper Ford
Sacred Journeys for women with cancer
Book discussion & study groups
Nia Moving to Heal classes
Flourish Boutique and Ramona’s Room
Nia: Moving to Heal
Your body’s way–for all abilities
A delightful mixture of dance, martial arts, and mindfulness, Nia is a holistic fitness practice for your body, mind, and soul. The Moving to Heal (M2H) Nia class experience is often defined simply by the words, “I feel better.” Participants learn how to personalize movements and adapt them to their health needs. These Nia M2H classes empower people of shapes, sizes, and abilities by connecting the body, mind, emotions, and spirit.
The philosophy of Nia is if it feels good, keep doing it! If it hurts, stop and adapt what you do to feel better. Classes are done barefoot to soul-stirring music, but if your feet feel better in socks or shoes, go for it! You can dance standing or in a chair. You can dress in clothes you feel comfortable moving in and you may want to have water close by!
1. If you are new to these classes, please email me to let me know you plan to attend: firstname.lastname@example.org. Then I will send you a health waiver to complete and send back to me so we can have it on file for the UVA Cancer Center.
2. You will want to first download Zoom on your computer, tablet, or phone.
3. Click “Zoom Client for Meetings” when you get into the Zoom website for the first time.
4. Please MUTE your device upon entry to the meeting/class. Look for the microphone picture on the bottom left of your screen. When we chat before and after class, you can un-mute if you choose.
5. Check the volume settings on your device. You may need to adjust them after the music begins. We are finding that each person’s settings are unique here!
6. Click the link above to enter the class.
7. I’ll be there 5 minutes before it begins–and it’s always okay to enter late or leave early. Just please be sure to mute your device when you enter.
©2000 – 2022 Susan Tate