I am sitting in my new country bedroom looking out into the snowy woods as I write. Seven, yes seven, deer are gently grazing outside my window. (The deer is my spirit animal!)
As many of you know, in 2016 my Nia classes were few and far between because The Dance Space closed, other studios closed, and I didn’t have a regular place to teach. Then I had the extraordinary opportunity to live in Austria in September and October so I could help care for my 2-year-old granddaughter while my daughter prepared to give birth to her second child.
In November I packed everything and prepared to move from one coast to the other. I flew from Seattle to Charlottesville on December first and stayed in four homes before landing in this sweet place in the woods.
It’s now the second week in January. I have Nia classes in place for Sunday mornings and I will be teaching once a month in a few other studios in the area. I have two wellness mini-retreats on the calendar and two special New Year’s Intention Setting Nia classes scheduled. My holistic health coaching clients can reach me by phone even though I’m in the woods! It feels good to be here.
Last year, I mindfully put my USANA Health Sciences business (the global nutritional company I partner with) aside while focusing on other aspects of life and business. It’s an important part of my income and after making such a big move, it’s now time for me to focus on USANA again.
I have questioned and asked God many times over the past year if partnering with USANA is still my path or I am doing it just because I need the residual income. I repeatedly get the answer to continue to offer these nutritional products to those who are a good match for them. I believe deeply in their quality and effectiveness. Otherwise I wouldn’t put my name by them or want to educate people about them. And as this is part of my income, in full disclosure, I get a commission on products I sell.
So with that said, I really want to tell you about VITAMINS! (You’ll hear more about wild turkeys and cardinals in a bit.)
I’ve had a Word document entitled, “Vitamins, who needs them?” in my files for about four years. The file includes well-researched citations from many third party sources about the quality of various supplements. I planned to write an article with that title but I felt compelled to entitle this one “Deer, Wild Turkeys, Cardinals & VITAMINS”. (You’ll understand the title more once you read to the end!)
I am now ready to share with you what I know about vitamins. I want you to feel nourished by what you read. And, as always, I invite you to let your intuition guide your way through, what could often be called, “The Vitamin Maze”.
Here’s what I really, really want you to know about vitamins:
1. I sell vitamins! And I have the knowledge to help you choose the ones that best match your needs.*
2. I want you to know what I didn’t know ten years ago about vitamins but what I know now. I’ve been working under the guidance of Dr. Christiane Northrup for over a decade and have learned SO much about this aspect of nutrition. Believe me, I have sorted through the vitamin maze.
3. I want you to know how essential (little pun here, as our multivitamin is called “CellSentials”) high quality supplements can be for your health.
4. I want you to know how supportive USANA’s supplements have been to me, my family, and to my customers/clients/friends who use them to support their health.
5. I want you to know what to look for when selecting a vitamin–because all vitamins are SO NOT ALIKE! And I want you to know why USANA’s vitamins are just so darn good:
They use pharmaceutical grade GMP, Good Manufacturing Practices. That translates to stringent manufacturing processes NOT required in the supplement industry. USANA’s vitamins are also certified by NSF International; an independent, non-profit organization that helps protect food, water, consumer products and the environment. And USANA voluntarily tests its supplements to make sure they meet trusted United States Pharmacopeia (USP) standards.
USANA’s vitamins have consistently received the highest rating in the Comparative Guide to Nutritional Supplements, a distinguished publication that compares over 1,500 nutritional products in North America for quality, bioavailability, potency, purity, and safety.
USANA supplements are used by athletes around the world, including: the Women’s Tennis Association, Speed Skating Team, Speed Skating Canada, Cross Country Canada, and USA Luge. USANA offers Olympic athletes a one million dollar guarantee that they will not test positive for any banned substances as a result of taking USANA nutritional products.
Dr. Myron Wentz founded USANA Health Sciences 25 years ago. Dr. Wentz is an internationally recognized microbiologist, immunologist, and pioneer in the development of human cell culture technology and infectious disease diagnoses. In 2007 he was honored with the Albert Einstein Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Life Sciences. And he is a devoted humanitarian and philanthropist. I have met this man and have enormous respect for his brain and his heart.
6. I want you do know that the U.S. Recommended Daily Allowances (RDA’s) are so outdated. The RDA is the lowest level of nutrient intake necessary to prevent deficiencies rather than a level that promotes optimal nutrition.
7. I want you to know that even eating organic foods doesn’t give us the vitamins and minerals that they once supplied back in the 1900s. For example, you would need to eat eight oranges today to get the nutrients in an orange you would have eaten years ago. Our farming practices, soil depletion, and environmental changes have been detrimental to our ability to grow nutrient dense foods.
8. I want you to know that if you live in a world with stress (pause here to take a deep breath) that our cells get bonked around, causing free radical damage–the technical term for oxidative damage. This makes it more important than ever to support our cells with antioxidants (vitamins) and minerals to support ongoing cellular repair. (And this combination of vitamins and minerals needs to be in a specific form. Randomly taking B vitamins, calcium tablets, and other combinations may result in a relative deficiency rather than optimal support.)
9. I want you to know that all vitamins are NOT alike. Yes, I said that before, but I really want you to hear it. I have found such value in these vitamins and I wouldn’t be without them. They have supported my health (which has been excellent) for ten years. Sometimes I want to shout this from rooftops but instead, I thought I’d write it here for you to see. I am passionate about eating well, getting pleasure from food, AND taking good supplements.
10. And I want you to know . . . About a week before I was to leave Austria in late October, my daughter, Molly, asked if I might be able to stay a week or so longer. Of course I never wanted to leave these two precious little granddaughters–the little one just a week old. But when Molly asked me to consider staying, my first thought was not about how crazy it would be stay when I needed to go home to pack up and move a month later. I didn’t even think about the cost of the change fee for my plane ticket. My first thought (and I didn’t say this out loud . . .) was, “Oh no! I can’t stay! I don’t have enough vitamins!”
These vitamins are not magic pills, they don’t make me fly around like Super Woman, but they sure have supported my overall health and energy in a way that is truly measurable. I want this for you too.
*Please let me know how I can serve you in answering your questions about what vitamins you need. I offer a 15-minute complimentary phone coaching session to help you sort through the vitamin maze. Just email: email@example.com and I’ll be in touch.
As I close this writing, seven wild turkeys are now prancing by my window, scrounging for food amidst the snow. Oh, if I could just see a cardinal (my spirit BIRD)–I would be over the top with joy.
Divine support has been everywhere as I have made this transition to the East Coast. Thanks for letting me reach out to you to let you know more about this part of my business.
OMG, there’s a cardinal outside my window!
Not the end–but the beginning.
Oh, yes–if you prefer to shop online, here’s the link (and please share this):
susantate.usana.com. But PLEASE let me send you the discounted price list so you can see the prices you will pay if you choose to become a Preferred Customer. As a Preferred Customer on Auto Order you can enjoy saving up to 20% savings off the retail prices listed on my site. Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll assist in saving you money while happily supporting your health and wellness. And if you’d like to work with me on Team Northrup and partner with USANA, you can learn more here.
©2017 Susan Tate
Copyright 2017 Susan Tate